Tuesday, January 16, 2018

{Review} A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Synopsis

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #2
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 626
Published: May 3rd 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre: New Adult/Romance/Fantasy
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.
Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.
With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.


My Thoughts
★★★★★++ Stars

He thinks he'll be remembered as the villain in the story. But I forgot to tell him that the villain is usually the person who locks up the maiden and throws away the key. He was the one who let me out.

I have never had a book leave me as breathless and at a loss of words as this book did. Nor did I expect to love this book as much as I did ACOTAR. 
I remember the hate I had for Rhysand and I swore up and down I would never ever like him or be on his side! Sweet balls of fire, I was so beyond wrong that I am very happy it's not illegal LOL!

What can I say about this book that hasn't been said before? Possibly nothing because I know it's all been said. But I still have to review it the best I can. Lol.

ACOMAF will stay with me as long as I live. I have never had a book that made me literally scream. Cry, yes. But scream? Nope. That's a first. 
I really didn't think it could be better than book one because let's face it.... book one was freakin awesome. But Maas stepped up her game hardcore. Which is why it took me so long to even write this review. From the second I finished it up till now, and I am sure fro days to come, my brain is just screaming non-stop. Haha. 

For all of you who TOLD ME I would change my mind... You deserve the stars in the Night Court because you were so right. 
I LOVE RHYSAND!! *screams*

In a nuthsell lol

This book was one heck of an emotional ride and I loved every second of it...... Except that ending. That ending can go rot in hell under the mountain for all I can. I NEED BOOK 3!!! I can NOT have this as my last memory! I can't! 
I have so many questions and I need answers! NOW! 

Long story short, This book is a must read. It was written amazingly and John Green needs to move over because Maas knows how to pull them heart strings now and ... just oh my gosh. This book, y'all. Why did I wait so freaking long to start this series?!

If I could rate more than 5 stars, I would. Though I must add, I have no idea how this is labeled Young Adult.... I'm grown and the sex scenes in this book make even me blush! Lol


**Side Note, I may come back and edit this whole thing when my brain is no longer screaming and trying to explode. I know this is unprofessional review. But it's how I feel at the time. Suck my wingspan! lol**

Also, mega shout out to Esther who knew without a doubt before I even finished the sentence "I love Tamlin and w and will never EVER like Rhysand reading book one, KNEW I would change my mind when I read this book. Lol

3 comments :

  1. I'm so glad with everything you wrote down!! I agree a 100% and it's exactly the way I felt.

    Maas is definitely my #1 Favorite Fantasy Writer.

    I do have to tell you book 2 is my favorite in the series. Book 2 made me scream as well. Book 3 made me CRY SO FRIGGIN HARD!!

    Can't wait for that review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready to read book three. I'm going insane!!! Lol
    Still waiting for it to come in.
    X_X

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend own that kind of book and it is her drug. After I read your review, I think I need to read that book too.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top