Sunday, November 5, 2017

{Wrap-Up} Pumpkin Spice Style

Yo-ho and hello there! It's your one and only FearStreetZombie coming to you not-so-live from her living room with her Frankensweenie laptop. Lol Don't ask, I will fill you in later if you are really interested in that story.

Now for what you've all been waiting for - and is coming to you oh so late!

My October Wrap Up!
Better late than never, right?


Mary: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 3 Stars

I liked it mainly because it fed my Bloody Mary obsession. It was the perfect "Halloween" read. While I did have a few issues with it, I still ended up buying book two. Which is still in my to-be-read pile. Whoops! lol





Hotel for the Lost (Hotel Ruby) by Suzanne Young
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 3 Stars

The Shining meets Ghost Ship meets Rose Red.
That's a mouthful huh? Lol but that's what it reminded me of. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that great either. I had really expected more of it and it left me with a lot more questions than answers. Would I say not read it? NO! By all means, read it. It really was a good book. The ending just lacked for me. 



A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Mass
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 5 Stars

I know what you are thinking! "You're just now reading this?!" Well... yeah... pretty much. I got it around the time it came out but it stayed on my to-be-read list for a while. Least until it got semi-popular. Then I tried to read it two or three times and just couldn't get into it.. I'm guessing because the first time was on kindle. The second time was audiotape. But the third time (the charm) was my paperback. I had to skip to chapter five to get into it, but man oh man! chapter five and on, I was HOOKED! I can see why everyone is obsessed with this series. Once I finished it, I automatically ordered book two. Which is on my To-be-read list at the moment. Don't shoot me, I will get to it. Lol. I still need book three.

State of Emergency by Mary Hallberg
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 4 stars

Oh my gosh I loved this book! Zombies and New Orleans! Instant win for me! I was so happy the author asked me to review this book. Especially since it was zombies and New Orleans lol but what really drew me in was the blurb said Dallas defended herself with a freaking pizza cutter. I was like "well heck yeah, count me in. I gotta see how that happens!" (Thinking it was one of those home round pizza cutters - of course it wasn't though. Lol But the book was still AWESOME!!


The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 3 stars

This book broke my heart. Not because it was sad or anything, just because it was really a let down for me. I expected so much more from it. I have never read anything like this book in my life and it was so awesome. It kept me reading from start to finish. I couldn't put it down but the closer and closer I got to the end, I just knew ...just knew... it wouldn't be what I expected or wanted. It left me with so many questions. I wanted to love this book so much but the ending.... the ending. Yet I don't regret the read because I still liked it and would recommend it. Weird, right?


Drops of Sunshine by Tricia Copeland
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 4 stars

The setting of this book was such a rare read that in that alone earns it many stars. I really loved the characters and the story. There is so much I would love to say about this book but because it was a really short read, I can't say anything for fear of giving to much away. Lol but I will say this. If you have a chance to read it, you should. 



Simply, Jane by Randal Licato
Review can be found: Here
Rating: 5 THOUSAND MILLION ZILLION STARS!!!

I took this book to heart. I have read a lot of Randal's books and love every one of them. But this one. Oh gosh. This one holds my heart between it's pages. My struggles are written on these pages. My battles are alive in these pages. While I relate to every page of this book, I am sure everyone will too. While our endings may be different, I am sure we can all relate to the battle written. This was such a beautiful story I wish everyone would read. If you get a chance, please please please read it! Also, there may be a upcoming giveaway for this book so keep your eyes out for it! I'll keep you posted!
~For more, please read my review.
<hr>
November Upcoming Reads

I have actually already finished two books: Kingdom of Embers by Tricia Copeland and Chromosomes by Ashleigh Reynolds. Both were really good reads and my reviews can be found a little father down my blog. Check them out!

I'm not sure what else I will read this month in all honesty. I will probably finish Tricia Copeland's last two books (Kingdom of Embers was book one) I also really want to finish "How to Find Love In a Bookshop" I started it and it just seems so magical. Starts off sad yet keeps you with a dreamy look in your eyes. I can't wait to finish it. I hope it stays this way. Last but not least, I hope to get to Mist and Fury lol if I don't, don't hate me. It's hard to read lately because I have so much going on and I'm hitting a book slump. Seems to always happen after you're on a roll "slaying one book at a time" lol. I guess it's because you read of some many amazing places and then you look up and realize your stuck in your own world where magical things never happen..... Unless you are rich and live in Disneyland. Haha.

If I could have a power, I would be able to book-jump. Leave this world behind for better places and I could jump into any and all books at will. Lol

What would your power be? What book places do you plan to dive into this month?

5 comments :

  1. Yaaaayyy, Wrapup! So glad you liked ACTOAR. I loved ACOMAF even more <3 Have fun readin that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with it. I am scared to read ACOMAF though because people keep making it sound like she ends up falling for Rhysand.... I'm just not ready for that! Lol. I love my Tam and Lucien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghehehe... I won't spoil.... Just read :)

      Delete
    2. I will but it will be a while. Reading has took a back burner since a family member is in the hospital.

      Delete
    3. Oh no... I hope all will be well and wish you strength. x

      Delete

Back to Top