Monday, July 3, 2017

The Hunted by Emerald Barnes

Synopsis

Title: The Hunted
Series: Knight's Academy #2
Author: Emerald Barnes
Genre: Young Adult/Supernatural/Paranormal
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

Myka Williams has been forced out of Knight's Academy and is on the run, constantly moving to keep the vampires off her trail until Preston's venom is no longer coursing through her veins. But she isn’t alone.
Brent Jacobson is her protector, training her and teaching her how to be the werewolf she’s destined to be. He's annoying, stubborn—and hot. But there’s something he isn't telling her.
Myka has to come face-to-face with the truth of who she really is. Will she find safety, or will she always be hunted? 



My Thoughts
★★★★★ Star
I received this book in return for an honest review.

I read this book months ago but per request of the author, I wouldn't post my review until closer to the publishing day which right up on us! YAAAYYY!!! But, sadly, I lost my original review when my laptop fried. So, like the fanatic I am, I reread and here we go.

I have missed these character to much for my own good! Right away we are thrown back into the fast-paced-mind-blowing world of vampires and wolves, picking up where book one left off. Which I absolutely love. I love that about Emerald Barnes, she never leaves you wondering what happened between point A to point B. 

The Hunted was well written and kept me on the edge of my seat, borderline panic attack wondering what would happen. If you don't get so into this book that you don't hear people talking to you.... something is wrong (just kidding!) but really though. This book has so many dirty little secrets that just leave your jaw dragging on the floor. So not only are you on the edge of your seat, your jaw is on the floor..... mind the flies that may fly by. Lol!

While this story centers a bit more around Myka and Brent, I really thought we would see more of Milo. But I can't say I am complaining. I started out team Milo... Now ♫I am all bout that Brent bout that Brent no Milo♫ Hahha. At times Brent is a bit overbearing but I can see where he is coming from. 

There is so more I want to say - so. freaking. bad - but I can't because I would give away to much. And I don't want to do that. I want you to read this book and be in shock and awe like I was. 

That ending though! Em! How can you do that to us?! Where is book three!? We need it. We need it ... now! .... please. XD

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top