Sunday, July 23, 2017

Rowan Wood Legends by Olivia Wildenstein

Synopsis

Title: Rowan Wood Legends
Series: The Lost Clan #2
Author: Olivia Wildenstein
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy/Fae
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads


SOME LEGENDS ARE BETTER LEFT UNTOLD.
I wasn’t the sort of girl who believed in fairytales, let alone tales about faeries. But that changed the day Faeries came to my small town and Hunters rose from their graves.
On that fateful day, I received a book, a peculiar collection of myths and legends. Turns out it was so much more than stories. And just as I was on the verge of unlocking its secrets, it was stolen from me by someone I called a friend.
Now, I don’t know whom I can turn to, whom I can trust. All I know is that there are two sides, and I am straddling the great divide because I am both Faerie and Hunter. And although I swore I would never choose, I am slowly falling for one of those sides…




My Thoughts
★★★★★++ Star
I received this book in return for an honest review.

When a forest hushes, danger rushes.


I CAN NOT GET A HANDLE ON MY EMOTIONS!!!!
I'm not even kidding. I finished this book last night and I'm still sitting here like "please say I didn't finish it. Tell me all that didn't happen."

So, Rowan Wood Legends picks up right where book one left off - but it had been so long since I read book one, I had to kinda relearn a few things. Not that that was a bad thing, it just made me kinda mad at myself that I didn't remembered what I needed to, especially since I love it so much. anyway, I really didn't expect this book to take off the way I did! Like HOLY CRAP! I really thought book one was magical... Man it doesn't have anything on this book. This book will blow you away. It is so rare for a author to out-best their first book (not being mean, just being honest) but Olivia Wildenstein has absolutely no problem proving that wrong.

Rowan Wood Legends is a rich, knuckle-biting, mind-blowing book that will leave you begging for more. It will make you change your mind about every single character. It flip you upside down and make you question every thought you have had.

Trust will be tested. People will be betrayed. Family will be questioned. You'll find out who your real friends are.

Ugh! Part of me wants to say so much because one character just makes me hate him so freaking much, I just want to throat punch him! I already didn't like him in book one because he "came back" - but by the end of book one, I was actually starting to like him.... Which makes me hate him even more by how book two rolled out. Like oh my gosh are you freaking for real!? And the guy I didn't like in book one, I'm starting to like now. I'm a mess. This is a mess. I told y'all I can't get a handle on my emotions.

Forget what you THINK you know because chances are, it will be flipped upside down and shaken to death like a empty bottle of ketchup.

Prepare for one hell of a emotional ride. It will leave you wanting more and demanding answers.

-

I gotta say, Cat's pimp hand was strong in this book. Lol She was slapping the hell out of people left and right, which I LOVE! It was so amazing so see her stand her ground. I would love to see her fight back more though. I really hope she rips Stella apart.... literally. And I really wouldn't mind seeing her throat punch Kajika a few hundred times. Yeah, I get he is from a different time, but I really hate his guts. He makes my skin crawl now.


I'm really wonder how much Cat can take before she says "Screw you all" and either helps no one or she goes crazy and goes on a killing spree of both sides.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top