Monday, September 21, 2015

Whatever He Wants by Bridgett Henson

Synopsis

A construction worker must choose between protecting his young son from an abusive mother, or a life full of music with the girl of his dreams.

James Preston rejected his Pentecostal heritage long ago. Now, he abandons his education to provide for the young son he didn’t know existed. Can he persuade Joni to join his new family before Isaac’s abusive mother tears it apart? Or will the court finally grant him sole custody?

Joni Maher was adopted at age six, but who is she really? Obedient daughter? Concert pianist? Sorority sister? She experiences love in James’s arms. His adorable son stirs her maternal instincts. Yet, in his family church, the power of God’s presence creates a longing she doesn’t understand.

When their carefully constructed world shatters, which will they choose?Love’s Pleasure? Isaac’s safety? Or a Savior’s forgiveness?


My Thoughts
★★★★★+  Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
When I first started this book, it made me so angry. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw it across the room... all within 25 pages of reading it.
But...something just kept pulling me back. Any time I stopped, I just HAD to pick it right back up. I adore this book. I loved the story. If there was ever a story that was REAL, this would be it. the oddest thing happened to me while reading this book too, honestly. Lol through the whole book, I was praying for these characters and didn't even realize it till I was almost done (that's how real this was to me) and I have to say there was one part where I straight up went "Hallelujah!" and I wanted to run up and down my front yard cheering (but I couldn't because I was barefoot and there are stickers in the grass) This story made me so angry, laugh, and blow my mind repeatedly. The only thing that really got under my skin was all the time jumping. There were a lot of gaps, but of course, it didn't stop me from reading. Thank goodness. I really liked this book and I can't wait to read book two.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top