Monday, September 28, 2015

A Dark Assortment by Mikey Campling

Synopsis

Don't be afraid. They're just stories, aren't they? Sometimes that noise you can hear upstairs is just the old floorboards creaking as they settle down for the night. Sometimes. But there's no need to worry because, that face you saw at the window was just a reflection.There's no one else here. You're alone. But that's OK because you're safe in your bed. And all those things you fear deep down in the dark reaches of your soul... well, they only happen in stories, don't they?
A Dark Assortment is a collection of seventeen stories; a chocolate box of handmade treats. But beware - beneath each richly decorated shell, there's a seed of delicious darkness.
These stories with a twist are perfect for fans of Edgar Allan Poe, and if you enjoy books like Ray Bradbury's "Illustrated Man" and Roald Dahl's "Skin" then we'll get along just fine.Oh - before I go, I'll wish you all Sweet Dreams.


My Thoughts
★★★★  Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
This was a quick interesting read. I really enjoyed the stories, but a lot of them confused me and left me with more questions than answers, which kinda sucked the enjoyment out of the story. I'm not saying everyone will feel this, it just happens to be how I feel, so don't take my word. Read it for yourself. It's still a really good read. If you had to ask me which one was my favorite, I'd probably say the first story was the one I liked the most. I liked how all these stories were written as well. It's amazing how such small stories can have so much information in them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top