Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Town Called Dust by Justin Woolley

Synopsis


Stranded in the desert, the last of mankind is kept safe by a large border fence ... Until the fence falls.
Squid is a young orphan living under the oppressive rule of his uncle in the outskirts of the Territory. Lynn is a headstrong girl with an influential father who has spent her entire life within the walled city of Alice.
When the border fence is breached, the Territory is invaded by the largest horde of undead ghouls seen in two hundred years. Squid is soon conscripted into the Diggers—the armed forces of the Territory. And after Lynn finds herself at odds with the Territory's powerful church, she too escapes to join the Diggers.
Together Squid and Lynn form an unlikely friendship as they march to battle against the ghouls. Their journey will take them further than they ever imagined, leading them closer to discovering secrets about themselves, their world, and a conspiracy that may spell the end of the Territory as they know it.


My Thoughts
★★★ Stars.
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
While this book was actually pretty interesting, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I really liked all the different kinds of characters and how things turn out about them. The story line was interesting and sucks you in from the start, but the more I read, I just kinda lost the drive for it. I was expecting more zombies and more action. The power hungry church is more scary than the zombies though. Least from zombies it's a set thing and you know how to battle them... how the crap do you battle people who THINK they are doing God's work? I don't know, I'm not a fan of it when books drag God into it and blame Him for every bad thing that is happening to them.
Anyway, back to the point!.. A Town Called Dust is a great dystopia story and Justin Woolley knows how to make you feel like you are there in it (I think I had heat stroke - just kidding) I will be adding book two to my TBR list because I actually am pretty curious to find out what happens next.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top