Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Time of Death: Induction by Shana Festa

Synopsis

When no one or nowhere is safe, where do you go to escape the monsters? 
In a few short days, 37 year old Emma Rossi’s hard work will finally pay off. She will don her cap and gown and graduate with a degree in nursing, but not before she loses her first patient and is confronted with a new reality. In Cape Coral, Florida, a storm approaches. The dead are coming back to life. 
And they’re hungry. 
Infection ravages the Eastern Seaboard with alarming speed while attempts to contain the spread of infection fail. Within days, a small pocket of panicked survivors are all that remain of civilization. Fighting to survive the zombie apocalypse alongside her husband Jake and their dog Daphne, Emma comes face-to-face with her worst nightmare. 
Relying on snarky wit and sheer determination, she is forced to commit atrocious acts to protect her family and avoid joining the ranks of the undead. 


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Undead Stars.
How do I review?! I forgot how to review!
Not really, but my brain just kinda feels like... "What. just. happened?"
*insert missing Grease "This wasn't suppose to happen GIF*
That ending!!
*sobs*
Now that that bit is out of the way, can I just say "Whoa!" This book was bloody brilliant! Loved it is a understatement. I really loved everything about this book. From the start it really sucks you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The characters were PERFECTION! The. Humor. Oh my gosh, the humor in this story had me rolling, I was laughing so hard. I have to admit, it's that kind of crude humor, which is perfectly fine with me! Why? Because this is actually the kind of humor I have myself. So while others might say "Ew..", I'm the one with tears streaming down my cheeks from laughing so hard. This book completes me. Haha just kidding, but really though. I was NOT expecting that ending... at all. I kinda had to sit there sunk into the couch like "What... Why... But.." Not even my mind could process it fully. Haha. I believe someone has been taking lessons from John Green! "Ohhh you love this character? ... be a shame is they die. *character dies horribly*"
While I'm then left in a puddle of my own tears. Lol I can't wait to start book two! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top