Monday, March 2, 2015

Dare to Dream by Carys Jones

Synopsis


“The world was going to end. Of that, Maggie Trafford was certain.”
Fourteen-year-old Maggie Trafford leads a normal life. Well, as normal as being crammed in a three-bedroom house with four siblings and a single parent can be, anyway. But despite being somewhat ignored at home, Maggie excels, earning top grades, a best friend who would do anything for her, and stolen looks from a boy in Maths. It’s not until the dreams start that Maggie realizes “normal” is the least of her problems. Every night, she lives the same nightmare—red lightning, shattered glass, destruction. But nightmares are just that, right? No one believes her when she says it’s an omen. At least, not until the already mysterious pillars of Stonehenge start falling. No longer alone in her fear, Maggie and the world watch with bated breath as one after another, the historic stones tumble, like a clock counting down. But only Maggie knows what it means: when the last stone falls, destruction will reign. And when the world ends, there’s only one option left—survive.Horrifying and raw, Dare to Dream is equal parts tragedy and hope, detailing the aftermath of apocalyptic catastrophe, the quest for survival, and the importance of belief. 


My Thoughts
★★★★★+ Must Have Stars.
I received this book in return for an honest review.
Have you ever read a book that just catches you so off guard that you are at a loss for words and you have no idea what to say about it? That's honestly me right now. I don't even know where to start, so I think I'll start with ... umm WHOA!!This book was very well written and it drew me in. I didn't want it to end! There were some parts that really did make me mad though. Like Dawn, she just drove me up the wall from how whiny she was. Plus the whole "Come to church, It'll help you get over your nightmares!" ... How would she know?! The whole time she was there she was looking for a guy. And it broke my heart the way they treated Maggie. "It seemed that within their church, God favored the fortunate." What right do they have to look down on someone who doesn't come from money like they do, ya know? I could go on forever about this matter, but I will move along.
This book really keeps you guessing though. At least it did to me. From acts of God to paranormal to aliens.. made my head spin and kept me reading because I just HAD to know what would happen next!
I can't tell you how many times I ended up speed reading then had to force myself to stop and go back because I kept getting ahead of myself. Haha.
That ending though!!!! Oh my gooooossssshhhhh!!!! Please say there is a book two!!! There is NO WAY I can go on not knowing what happens next! For them to go through all of that to end just like that. My jaw dropped when I got to the last page. I can tell ya, no matter how hard you WILL there to be more pages... it won't happen... you just end up with a headache. lol. There are so many questions I have, I really hope there is a book two. Lol.
Truly awesome book. Full of surprises. I want to cover so much more on this but I don't want to give anything away. You'll just have to read it for yourself. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top