Friday, January 23, 2015

Power In The Blood by Angelia Sparrow

Synopsis

Oren Stolt understands the natural order better than most people. Vampires prey on humans and Undying keep the vampires' numbers in check.
Until now.
Now, across the United States, vampire numbers are exploding, thanks to a new church. The Tabernacle of the Firstfruits preaches a Risen Lord and invites believers to follow Him in death and resurrection... quite literally.
In Memphis, the church is about to host its first conference, with an eye to converting the whole world to the vampiric gospel.
And all that stands between humanity and eternal night is Oren, his kids, and a thin line of insane immortals.



My Thoughts
★★★ Stars.
I received this book in return for an honest review.
What... did I... just read?
I'm actually at a loss for words here. I mean, the story was interesting. But it was also unnerving for me and made me a bit uncomfortable. Had the publisher not asked me to read this, I would have stopped reading it, to be honest. There was just something off about it. Maybe it was all the sex? Lol. But I know for sure adding Jesus into the mix was just way to much for me.
I have to admit, the vampire church kinda reminded me of the church in the Anita Blake series.
Anyway, what I really did like about this book was the bond Oren had with his kids. I think it's always beautiful when you have a whole family go through thick and thin and still remain close. Did break my heart what they all had to go through though. Won't say what because I don't want to ruin it with spoilers.
Loved the battle action! I thought it would just mill on through but it was mega awesome. What blood guts and gore? That battle action has it. Lol. 
I'm sure I may add more to this review when I have more time to think it over.

Keep in mind, this is a 18+ book! I know my blog is YA, but from time to time if requested, I will read these kinds of books. 
**Side note; this book is not a YA book. 18+ LGBTQIA**

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top