Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Enchantment Lake: A Northwoods Mystery by Margi Preus

Synopsis

A disturbing call from her great aunts Astrid and Jeannette sends seventeen-year-old Francie far from her new home in New York into a tangle of mysteries. Ditching an audition in a Manhattan theater, Francie travels to a remote lake in the northwoods where her aunts’ neighbors are “dropping like flies” from strange accidents. But are they accidents?
On the shores of Enchantment Lake in the woods of northern Minnesota, something ominous is afoot, and as Francie begins to investigate, the mysteries multiply: a poisoned hot dish, a puzzling confession, eerie noises in the bog, and a legendary treasure that is said to be under enchantment—or is that under Enchantment, as in under the lake? At the center of everything is a suddenly booming business in cabin sales and a road not everyone wants built.
To a somewhat reluctant northwoods Nancy Drew, the intrigue proves irresistible, especially when it draws her closer to the mysteries at the heart of her own life: What happened to her father? Who and where is her mother? Who is she, and where does her heart lie—in the bustle of New York City or the deep woods of Minnesota? With its gripping story, romantic spirit, and a sly dash of modern-day trouble (evil realtors and other invasive species), Enchantment Lake will fascinate readers, providing precisely the charm that Margi Preus’s readers have come to expect.

My Thoughts
★★ Let Down Stars.
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
This book wasn't my cup of tea. I honestly don't have the words to say what a disappointment this book was. I expected so much more from it. By 20% I was skimming. by 50% I was skipping pages. But at about 90% I slowed down because that is when things actually started to happen that managed to peek my curiosity. Sorry to say, I would not recommend this book.

2 comments :

  1. Awe, girl. I read the synopsis and got a bit excited, because it sounded a little like the Raven Cycle. With the treasure hunt and bit of paranormal thrown in there. And then I read your review.. haha! Dang, sorry you didn't enjoy this one. It almost went on my TBR pile, so thanks for the heads up (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The synopsis got me to, but it was such a let down, I was expecting so much more. But *shrugs* who knows. You could always still give it a shot. I seem to be the only one who gave it 2 stars. Lol everyone else gave it 4-5 stars.

      Delete

Back to Top