Monday, November 24, 2014

Coral & Bone by Tiffany Daune


Synopsis
Halen knows the sparks igniting under her fingertips are dangerous. She has spent her entire life trying to quell the tingly feelings that make her destroy things, but now that she is back in Rockaway Beach, where she watched her father drown, the flames have become impossible to tame.Halen is trying to hold on, but when she is thrust into a mysterious new world, the underwater realm of Elosia, she unravels the secrets of her past and can't help but ignite. As she explores Elosia, she realizes her life has been a lie. And when those who have deceived her come to her for help, Halen must choose—walk away or unleash the magick that could destroy them all.




My Thoughts
★★★½ stars.
I received this book from NG in return for an honest review.
I hate leaving negative reviews, I really am sorry. But this book was a tough one.
I kinda have a love/hate relationship with this book. I wanted this book because 1) it sounded so amazing. 2) The cover is kick-butt. 
The ending was awesome but all in all, this book was disappointing. Some of the names of people and places were hard to grasp and remember. There were way to many characters coming all at once and while I was reading, I actually had to stop and think of all the characters and go "Oh! I remember who that is now." Also, a lot of times when I was reading, I was left with a raised eyebrow going "Huh?" in a loss because I feel as if I missed something even though so much was going on.  Books normally don't take me long to read. 3 days at the most. This one took me almost 2 weeks because it was just to much and gave me a headache.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top